Finding wedding professionals
Searching on the Internet for a florist, photographer, caterer or wedding venue, you will find an array of possibilities. How do you choose?
Choose by geographical area. Choose businesses that are near your wedding venue.
- Choose three to five wedding professionals to review.
- Review their website first, does it look like a company that you want to work with?
- Visit our website's Wedding Resources and see if your favorite South Sound wedding professional is listed.
- Don't shop by price only, find out what services / product they offer, what their specialties are, their level of experience, and more. Many times by hiring a professional rather than DIY, you spend less. You get what you pay for.
- To save time initially, email and call them to get a sense of their services. Then select whom to visit.
Look for a wedding professional whom you enjoy: you like them personally, you like their work, and you believe they will supply what you need.
- Schedule a visit with two to three vendors in each category (depending on your time availability). Make an appointment to speak with a staff member. Bring photos and / or lists of your plans, and budget estimate. Ask about their wedding-related experience, look at their portfolios, get a sense of their ability to create what you want, and ask about prices.
- Choose someone who listens to you, understands what you want, and someone whom you believe will deliver what you want.
- If your budget doesn't match your dream photos, ask the wedding professional for suggestions on how to adjust your dream and budget to get similar results for less cost.
- When you have selected your wedding professional, let the other professionals know that you did not select them, so they can free their schedule for another wedding.
- Be sure the wedding professional has a business license and ask if their business is insured.
- Ask them how many weddings they book in a day.
- Find out what their back-up plan is for failed equipment (DJs and photographers)?
- What's their plan to note be late: Example: heavy traffic. How much time do they allow for delivery of your cake, flowers, decor, etc.?
- Ask them how many weddings they have produced. Find someone who has done a lot of weddings.
Resources to find skilled wedding professionals
On this site, you will find skilled wedding professionals -- most from the South Sound and West Sound in Washington state.
As the publisher of South Sound Wedding & Event magazine, I have met and worked with these professionals, so I feel comfortable recommending them. The florist, bakers, photographers and others are creative professionals who have years of experience helping engaged couples. They will listen to your plans and help you create the wedding of your dreams.
Pick up a copy of South Sound Wedding & Event Magazine at your local newsstands: Barnes & Noble, Fred Meyer, QFC, Target and other large grocery stores.
Complimentary copies are available in Olympia at Weddings With Joy. Gig Harbor: Snuffin's Catering. Tacoma: Party World. Des Moines: Des Moines Park. Port Gamble: Weddings office. A digital version of the magazine is on our home page of our website.
You may also find wedding professionals at events: wedding shows, open houses, tastings and more.
South Sound Wedding & Event Magazine presents two wedding shows in January-February, plus workshops in February Check our website / Wedding Shows for area events.
Find photos and ideas on our Facebook pages: South Sound Wedding & Event magazine, South Sound Wedding Show and West Sound Wedding Show.
Contact your local Visitor & Convention Bureaus (VCBs). For smaller counties and communities, visit the Chamber of Commerce website. VCBs offer a free service to any person or business who wants to have an event in their area. You send the date, time, preferred type of location, number of guests, and other details, and they will send a Request for Proposal (RFP) to members.Completed RFPs will be sent to you.
Click on a photo to enlarge.