Beyond Cake - Create the Perfect Dessert Display!
By: Lori Losee, Elegant Affairs
Are you looking to spice up your wedding dessert? Or are you not a cake person? Why not try a dessert table. Dessert Tables are great because you can get a variety of bites and satisfy every guest’s sweet tooth. Either go with a theme like all white desserts for your winter themed wedding or all pumpkin flavor for fall, you cannot go wrong.
Here are some helpful tips when creating the perfect table:
- If you still want to have a traditional cake cutting, have a small cutting cake.
- How many: The rule for dessert bars: each guest should get 2-3 pieces of dessert. Have a variety of 3-7 kinds of dessert.
- Have a designated time (and sign) when the dessert bar will open, and if possible, have someone "guard" the area to make sure no one sneaks by to grab them! Trust me this happens more often than you think.
- Make sure to have place cards for each dessert so guests know what they are! This is especially important if anything contains nuts or other ingredients that people may be allergic to.
- Make sure to have enough platters of all shapes, size and heights so your table looks put together.
- Have to-go boxes to send home treats with guests, makes for a great favor.
Lori Losee is the Owner + Senior Planner with Elegant Affairs, which is based in Lakewood, WA. Elegant
Affairs is a wedding + event design company founded in 2005.
Photos taken by the following photographers:
Kali Corliss Photography, Meredith McKee Photography , Aziz Studios , Wyat L. Taylor Photography , Loneman Photography
Featured bakeries include:
Better Than A Boyfriend Bakery & PCC Community Markets
Bar styling and rentals by:
Happy Camper Cocktail Company
Click on a photo to enlarge.