10 tips to find a wedding dress
- Research wedding dress stores to find stores in your region.
- Make appointments at the stores you want to visit
- We recommend no more than two stores a day, so you won't become overwhelmed with choices.
- Be sure to bring one or two people whose opinions you really value to your bridal appointment.
- Find a gown style that suits your body shape. If you aren't sure, ask the sales associate.
- While at the store, look at veils, hair accessories, jewelry and bridesmaid dresses.
- When you find your dress, ask how long it will take to receive it.
- If you find find your dress at the first store, remember to cancel your appointment at the second store.
- Determine what alterations you will need for your dress.
- Ask the store's recommendations for stitchers to alter the dress.
Images from the South Sound Wedding Show 2017, presented by South Sound Wedding & Event magazine.
For local dress selection, visit Weddings With Joy in Olympia or Country Bridal in Centralia. For discounted dresses, visit Brides for a Cause in Tacoma, WA or Portland, OR.
Images by South Sound Weddings.
Click on a photo to enlarge.